Hydroponics Revolution: Location Australia
The growth in this industry is obvious, but it’s only just beginning…
In the past 15 years Australia has seen significant growth and investment in the protected cropping market place. Protected environments offer greater uniformity, continuous market supply and improved quality. These are just some of the reasons why the retail industry and Australian consumers are demanding more and more from this emerging industry.
Field grown tomatoes are a case in point. Glass house tomatoes provide consistently higher pack outs and quality due to reduced risks associated with environmental variation (soil types, moisture, disease and pests) and extreme weather events (heat, frost, flooding). Retailers realize these advantages and are extending support for producers in expansion efforts.
The opportunities seem endless with so many crops including cut flowers, berries, herbs, tomatoes, capsicums, egg plant, chilies, cucumbers, lettuce to name a few. The produce speaks for itself with enhanced shelf life and perhaps more importantly that old fashioned word; FLAVOUR.
However, this industry is a highly technical one and attention to detail in every aspect of the production process is paramount. To this end, the team at SLTEC Fertilizers has been working hard to put together a professional and comprehensive set of nutrient management solutions for the protected cropping industry.
Scientific Expertise: A Global Perspective
In developing our blends we have a team of chemists, hydroponics specialists and agronomists on staff and at call including leading international consultants that assist us to:
- Monitor and develop guidelines for feed and drain water quality and interpretation.
- Tissue sampling and crop health review.
- Development of new customized formulations to meet specific production environment requirements based on crop type and crop production demand considerations.
SLTEC Fertilizers offer;
- A team committed to being there when you need our help to solve those unforeseen issues that arise from time to time in your production environment.
Delivering Quality Solutions
Quality and attention to detail is paramount in protected cropping. So many factors are interrelated, including water chemistry, hygiene, disease, substrate source, air quality, crop genetics and management techniques. Changes in one input can have wide impacts on system balance and crop quality if all these factors are not well understood.
SLTEC Fertilizers offer;
- A selection of quality ingredients to ensure products perform to specification and production requirements.
- State of the art manufacturing and formulation systems to ensure accurate and hygienic development of crop nutrient solutions.
- The ability to customise hydroponic nutrient blends to meet your specific needs.
- Skilled staff with field, laboratory, chemical engineering and production experience.
- Online monitoring software to enable you to instantaneously track the performance and nutrient demands of your hydroponics system against international standards for your crops.